What are the advantages of aluminum alloy cable? Guangdong cable manufacturer for you to explain
Release time： 2022-06-02 13:17
Guangdong cable producers believe that in recent years, China's wind power industry has developed rapidly, the total installed capacity of wind power and the annual newly installed capacity are among the top in the world. However, due to the harsh environmental conditions of the wind farm, the cable terminal and cable body of the field collector line are prone to failure. Therefore, in order to ensure the safe and stable operation of wind farms, new materials and processes with advanced technology and reliable performance are constantly used to improve the operation quality of collector lines.
Guangdong cable manufacturers consider power cables to be an important part of the power acquisition circuit for wind farms. Typically, wind farms have two types of cable conductors: aluminum and copper cores. Aluminum cable and copper cable have their own disadvantages. The disadvantage of aluminum core cable is poor flexibility, easy to break after repeated bending. Poor stability, easy to be corroded and oxidized; Higher resistivity than the copper core of the same section, high energy consumption, large loss; Poor ductility, inconvenient installation and so on. The disadvantage of copper cable is high price; Heavier; And it's expensive to build.
Guangdong cable manufacturers believe that based on the above situation, domestic cable manufacturers began to produce aluminum alloy cable. At present, there are more than 10 domestic companies producing aluminum alloy cables. In fact, as early as 1968, the Southern Cable Company invented aluminum alloy cable, which has been used in the United States and Canada for more than 40 years. Therefore, in order to improve the running quality of the wind farm collector line and reduce the engineering cost, it is necessary to analyze the product use of aluminum alloy cable.
Guangdong cable manufacturers believe that the main components of aluminum conductor are: copper, iron, silicon, magnesium, manganese, titanium, chromium, zinc, rare earth and so on. The action of copper increases the resistance stability of conductor at high temperature. The effect of iron is to increase the resistance of the conductor to creep; The function of magnesium is to improve the tensile strength of conductors; The function of rare earths is to improve the corrosion resistance of conductors.
Guangdong cable manufacturers believe that the electrical performance of aluminum alloy cable:
1. Electrical conductivity: the electrical conductivity of aluminum alloy is between aluminum and copper, worse than copper, slightly better than aluminum.
2. Cable compression characteristics: Aluminum alloy conductor adopts layered compression stranded technology, the compression coefficient of conductor can reach 0.93, while the compression coefficient of copper conductor is generally only 0.80. The limited compression can make up for the lack of volume conductivity of aluminum alloy conductor. The twisted conductor core is like solid core, which obviously reduces the outer diameter of the core and improves the conductivity. Therefore, under the same load capacity, the outer diameter of the cable does not increase much after the aluminum wire replaces the copper core wire.
Guangdong cable manufacturers believe that the mechanical properties of aluminum alloy cable:
1. High extension. The elongation of aluminum alloy conductor after annealing can reach 30%, which is close to copper but much higher than aluminum. It also shows that aluminum alloy wire can withstand more external forces than aluminum wire.
2. Strong flexibility and easy to bend. When installed, aluminum alloy conductors have a smaller bending radius than aluminum conductors, making it easier to connect terminals.
3. Good creep resistance. After special processing, the creep resistance and compactness of the alloy elements in aluminum alloy are greatly improved. When the wire encounters cold flow, overload, overheating and other extreme cases, it can also ensure stable connection.